Saturday, September 26, 2009

Vacation

We've been on vacation for the past week. For vacation, we went to the beach in Hilton Head, SC. It was wonderful. Five days of rest and relaxation... just what a baby needed to rejuvinate. We did so much stuff... went to the beach, visited two lighthouses (I climbed to the top of one of them!), went to Savannah and Tybee Island, to the museum, the jumpy place, the swimming pool, and plenty of restaurants. But most of all, we enjoyed being together. Here are some pictures from our wonderful time away.

We visited Harbour Town at the south end of the island. There were lots of really big boats in the marina there and a lighthouse. I climbed the 114 steps to the top with a little help from daddy. I came down all by myself.




We also visited the lighthouse on Tybee Island. Unfortunately, we were there on a Tuesday (they're closed on Tuesdays) so I wasn't able to test my stair climbing at that lighthouse. Mommy told me that she and daddy climbed that one a few years ago (498 steps!) and it was quite taller than the one at Hilton Head.



















We went to the Sandbox Museum on the island and Island Playground in Bluffton. At the Sandbox we drew, painted, had a tea party, and played in sand. We had a really great time there. At the Island Playground I got to dig for dinosaur bones... I wasn't as interested in the bones as I was in how cute I looked in the gloves.
















Above all the things we did, my favorite activity was being on the beach with mommy, daddy, and Mr. Ribbit. We tried to build sandcastles (not very successful), played in the waves, looked for seashells, and had a good time. I wish every week could be like this. Hopefully you had a good week too. Talk to you later.

No comments: