Sunday, October 28, 2012

Vacation 2012: Marco Island

This year for our vacation in September we went to Marco Island in Florida. It took a really long time to get there... nearly 10 hours in the car... but it was worth it. We had a wonderful time at the beach, in the pool, around town, and just being together. We even went on a pirate cruise! Yes, I got to be with real pirates on their ship. Luckily they were nice pirates and let me wear an eyepatch, win treasure, and defeat the Krakkin.
 
I also got to spend lots of time on the beach looking for seashells and building sand castles. I thought the beach would be my most favorite part of vacation but it turned out, I'm really a pool kinda girl. Who knew, right?! I spent time every day in the pool mastering the art of baby swimming. I learned to move the water and kick my legs to get me where I wanted to go. And, most importantly, I met some really nice people from Pennsylvania and got to hang out with them as well.
 
Vacation was wonderful but too short. Hopefully, we can go back again next year. Talk to you later.

Mommy, Aurora, and me preparing to board the pirate ship.


I got an eyepatch!
Hanging out with Pickpocket Pete... check out my treasure (ring, necklace, and jewels).


Just a few of the shells I found on the beach.










No comments: