Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving



Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Even though it's early in the day, today has been an exceptional day so far. I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with all the dancers, singers, and this really cute happy guy in a red suit at the end. Daddy says that's Santa Claus and he brings presents to all the good boys and girls around the world on Christmas Day. Since I've been wonderful this year, I expect I'll be seeing him soon.
To bump up my good points, I helped mommy make sweet potato souffle, a fabulous dish with sugar, coconut, milk, more sugar, oh and sweet potatos. All of those are my favorite so mommy let me taste before she added the eggs. Then I helped her make stuffing from grandmama's recipe. We stirred and stirred and I stuck my finger in to make it just perfect.
All that cooking wore me out so I'm just laying down for my nap. Daddy says when I wake up my cousins will be here for dinner. He made a turkey on the grill and a ham in the oven. And he made my favorite, macaroni and cheese.

Today we give thanks for all the wonderful people and things in our lives. For me, I'm thankful for my mommy, daddy, grandmama, all my family in Guam, Chicago, Detroit, Gary, and Atlanta, my friends at Miss Megan's house, Pouncer, Cleo, Mr. Ribbit, Duckling, Ellie, all my other toys, my mommy, Mr. and Mrs. Salter next door, my new duck from uncle Iyorliam and his family, my books (including the ones I've torn pages and frogs out of), my exercersaucer... let's see, this is a pretty long list. I could go on and on but I think most of all I'm thankful for being here with all of you to love me and me to love you back.
Where ever you are, whatever you're doing, I hope you're having a wonderful Thanksgiving. Talk to you later.

No comments: